+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philips Main System

I'm Philip.

Default Philips Main System

Hi
    This is our main system, I will upload the others later.
    Philip

Nottingham Analogue DAIS, Rega RB300

Zyx R-100-02H

I'm Philip.

Default The rest of this system

Shanling CD-T300 Omega Drive CD Player

Quad 34, FM4, 606, Home made Headphone amp and power supply.

Yamaha AV amp Pioneer Media box & DVD player.

Quad ESL 63 speakers used for both hi-fi and AV front L&R speakers using the pre out of the Yamaha amp via a switch on the input to the Quad 606.

Pioneer 436XDE 43 inch plasma

Cheap subs from Richer sounds, there is one at each end of the settee.

JPW rear speakers

I think the system sounds good, future upgrades will include a better arm and a good phono pre amp. But that will be sometime in the future.

Philip
    Last edited by baron; 21-03-2008 at 13:02. Reason: Added rear speakers

I'm InSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post

Shanling CD-T300 Omega Drive CD Player
    Gimme Gimme Gimme!!!

Go on!... You don't need it. Really you don't, honest!!!

Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Oooooh....nice, especially the turntable.

Good to see the wee JPW MM's doing service - I got a pair of these off eBay recently for just over a tenner. Fabulous little things...music music music. Not a huge amount else but for that much who cares??
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Philip.

Thanks for the comments about the turntable, we've only had it a couple of months. We are very pleased with it.. We upgraded from a Rega Planer 3 which we got when they came out in 1977 I think. It had the "S" shaped silver arm them.

The JPW spekers are Sonata's I think. I have a pair of the Mini Monitors I use them with my PC.

Sonata's

Mini Monitors. They are on the Sonata stands.

The rest of my computer system, which is in a loft conversion consists of:

Sugden A48 amp, Goldring GL75 with the old Rega arm and cartridge.

Tangent RS4 speakers and or the Mini monitors. With a switchable TEAC sub.

The amp is connected to the PC so I can playback and record to and from the PC.

I'm Paul.

Baron,

You and your wife have a series of pretty impressive systems.

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Great pics Baron

Haven't seen Sonatas with a dome tweeter before - were these, like the MM Golds, a 'super' version? They usually had the Audax tweeter, as you show in the picture of your MM's.

Every now and again I take my MM's away from the indignity of being used on the end of the Sony mini system in the bedroom and hook them up to the hifi downstairs. On the end of plenty of amp they sound just fabulous. No wonder JPW sold thousands of these little things - and they have a speed and tautness in the bass that only a good sealed box can produce.

I like the RS4's aswell - remember owning a pair of the tiny Tangent SPL1's many moons ago.
    Richard.

Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Philip.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post

Haven't seen Sonatas with a dome tweeter before - were these, like the MM Golds, a 'super' version? They usually had the Audax tweeter, as you show in the picture of your MM's.
    I've just found the bill they were called Sonata Plus. If I remember correctly they had titanium tweeters. They cost £129.00 a pair in 1990, and the stands cost £45.00. I've just seen a pair of JPW SONATA SPEAKERS on ebay for £25.00 buy it now price.
    Main Sys. N.A.S DAIS; 12" Ace Space , Benz Micro Wood SL, Timesteep T-01MC, Quad Platinum DMP, Quad Platinum Pre, FM4,Quad Platinum Stereo, Quad ESL 63, PRC4 RCM, Chord XLR, Mark Grant G1000HD, Black Mamba's. Stax SRM600 SR507
    AVCambridge audio Blu-ray player, Pioneer SC-LX 57 Front 2 channels switched into Quad 606 Powering the ESL63s. Rear powering Celestion Speakers, LFE 2 cheap subwoffers.
    Man-cave Sys. A. GL75, RB300, ZYX R100H, Rega Planer 3, RB200, Rega Carbon Elys II,Quad 34, 606, Tangent RS4.
    Man-cave Sys. B. Revox A77, Akai 400D, Sugdon A48II, JPW Monitors.
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=341
    Classic Sys. Garrard 301, SME M2-9R, Benz Micro Wood SL, Quad Vena, 303, FM3, AM3. ESL 57. Quad II, 22, FM2 Rega Planet. Rega Phono
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403
    Headphones, Stax SR507 (x2) /SRM600 Limited, Sennhieser HD424, Sennhieser HD558, AKGK105UHF, Beyerdynamic DT 931, Beyerdynamic DT231, Etymotic ER4 micropro.

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    I've just seen a pair of JPW SONATA SPEAKERS on ebay for £25.00 buy it now price.
    Peanuts for the sound they can produce!! Great wee things.
    Richard.

I'm Philip.

Smile System Update

Hi all
    I've just fitted a new arm to the Dias, here the pictures.

The best HI FI geek tool around.

Fitted and working

off to do some more listening now.
    Main Sys. N.A.S DAIS; 12" Ace Space , Benz Micro Wood SL, Timesteep T-01MC, Quad Platinum DMP, Quad Platinum Pre, FM4,Quad Platinum Stereo, Quad ESL 63, PRC4 RCM, Chord XLR, Mark Grant G1000HD, Black Mamba's. Stax SRM600 SR507
    AVCambridge audio Blu-ray player, Pioneer SC-LX 57 Front 2 channels switched into Quad 606 Powering the ESL63s. Rear powering Celestion Speakers, LFE 2 cheap subwoffers.
    Man-cave Sys. A. GL75, RB300, ZYX R100H, Rega Planer 3, RB200, Rega Carbon Elys II,Quad 34, 606, Tangent RS4.
    Man-cave Sys. B. Revox A77, Akai 400D, Sugdon A48II, JPW Monitors.
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=341
    Classic Sys. Garrard 301, SME M2-9R, Benz Micro Wood SL, Quad Vena, 303, FM3, AM3. ESL 57. Quad II, 22, FM2 Rega Planet. Rega Phono
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403
    Headphones, Stax SR507 (x2) /SRM600 Limited, Sennhieser HD424, Sennhieser HD558, AKGK105UHF, Beyerdynamic DT 931, Beyerdynamic DT231, Etymotic ER4 micropro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast