+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for May

I'm Martin.

Sun has gone in here now as it's getting hazy, but I managed to get an hour in stood on the front step.

Think it will take more than that though to make a dent on my winter pallor.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Is it just me, or is the weather/climate particularly dreadful this year?

Thoroughly p'd off!
    Dave

I'm Martin.

It's stayed cold for a longer time than usual that's true.

Last year was a total wash-out, I think we had one decent week. I think it's rained a little less so far this year than last, but it's still rained a lot.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

It's a Bank Holiday! It always rains on a Bank Holiday - that's the law.
    Barry

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It's a Bank Holiday! It always rains on a Bank Holiday - that's the law.
    You're right of course it is the law. We've not had ours yet but the forecast is showing a 50% chance over the next three hours.

Next week looks pretty good. Low on actual sunshine, but 16/17C and no wind.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's stayed cold for a longer time than usual that's true.

Last year was a total wash-out, I think we had one decent week. I think it's rained a little less so far this year than last, but it's still rained a lot.
    We had a couple of good days beginning of September last year. I know because I was camping, and the weather while camping is kind of important.

There was some daft bint on the telly the other day, calls herself 'the aspara-mancer' She chucks a handful of asparagus spears onto a table, and depending how they point she can predict stuff. She reckoned we're on for an Indian Summer. I wonder how much they paid her.

She also predicts that the general election will happen in August-ish. And that Starmer won't be leading the Labour Party by then.

Here she is predicting something else. Was she right? Did Harry and Meghan have twins? Do we care?

I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    We had a couple of good days beginning of September last year. I know because I was camping, and the weather while camping is kind of important.

There was some daft bint on the telly the other day, calls herself 'the aspara-mancer' She chucks a handful of asparagus spears onto a table, and depending how they point she can predict stuff. She reckoned we're on for an Indian Summer. I wonder how much they paid her.

She also predicts that the general election will happen in August-ish. And that Starmer won't be leading the Labour Party by then.

Here she is predicting something else. Was she right? Did Harry and Meghan have twins? Do we care?

They can never predict anything useful like winning lottery numbers or horses can they?

Although I suppose if there are any that can then they're already living a life of luxury somewhere, not scraping a few bob from doing the odd slot on TV.
    Current Lash Up:

Well it has stopped raining now, not that it bothered me - I have just spent the last couple of hours wall mounting a TV.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    There was some daft bint on the telly the other day, calls herself 'the aspara-mancer' She chucks a handful of asparagus spears onto a table, and depending how they point she can predict stuff.
    That's as reliable as studying chicken entrails - the ancient Greeks and Romans were doing that centuries ago with equally random success.

A waste of asparagus if you ask me
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Dry again this morning, and predicted to be a bit warmer too. I got the fence painting done yesterday, and that should have been enough for now, but no - she wants the grass cutting, and there are some tip runs as well. Will it ever end?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast