+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Linn to axe cd players.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    I've got a LK1 pre amp that is knackered, when you plug it in it makes a constant tone and the buttons are locked, any ideas?
    Jon

I've seen you system on the other thread - just wondering what on earth you would do with the Linn even if you got it working? Cost of repair would probably be more than resale value I would think.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

It belongs to a mate who lives in France, he wanted me to get rid of it for him but it has developed this fault
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    It belongs to a mate who lives in France, he wanted me to get rid of it for him but it has developed this fault
    I see. Spares or repairs only then I suppose. Such a shame as the casework, power switch etc are all such great quality on these things it seems wrong to just bin then when they eventually pack in.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The LK1 can cook its regulators and the first thing to check would be here. The supply caps were upgraded to 10,000uF ones in the late 80's, so you could check these as well.

Linn stopped support long ago for this IIRC and you must remember that the components were soldered through the board (made by IBM I was told) and component replacement must be done with care.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314