+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chromecast vs SBT

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    I noticed that the Chromecast Audio, which I'd not heard of/seen before, was £20 in Currys/PC World, but I passed on that. Probably a mistake. Even at £30 it's probably a good thing to have/try.
    Currys PC world ebay shop often has hundreds listed at about £17 to £19, the price varies weekly. although listed as used the three that I have bought have been as new.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1119994224...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If out of stock add it to your watch list as they often add more stock.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    It works on some apps on ipad, but is more usable on android at moment. Tunein radio works and there is a cast app for ios10.
    Does it do anything useful with either Windows or Mac OS X based computers, or is it really only suitable for tablets and phones?

The TV one is useful, but is a somewhat different beast, and the world of tablets and apps is now taking over. I've started to listen to the radio on my iPad.
    At least the Chromecast gadgets are affordable, compared with other devices, such as Apple TVs.

Audio can be made to work from Mac OS X - Apple computers with Apple TVs - but they are more expensive. Working blind - i.e. without the TV one - is also a bit hit and miss sometimes. I have had that working with a 3rd Gen ATV - but they are a bit useless in that they don't support iPlayer as far as I can see. The 4th gen one does, I believe, but is even more expensive.
    Dave

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
    Does it do anything useful with either Windows or Mac OS X based computers, or is it really only suitable for tablets and phones?

The TV one is useful, but is a somewhat different beast, and the world of tablets and apps is now taking over. I've started to listen to the radio on my iPad.
    At least the Chromecast gadgets are affordable, compared with other devices, such as Apple TVs.

Audio can be made to work from Mac OS X - Apple computers with Apple TVs - but they are more expensive. Working blind - i.e. without the TV one - is also a bit hit and miss sometimes. I have had that working with a 3rd Gen ATV - but they are a bit useless in that they don't support iPlayer as far as I can see. The 4th gen one does, I believe, but is even more expensive.
    Hi, I don't know about Mac OS but can confirm that most stuff on Windows works. Spotify/Google music/Tidal etc. You can also cast local files via bubble UPNP. JRiver media centre also casts.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12