+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple AirPort Express Audio Performance

I'm rupert.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    As far as I am concerned it is a pile of dung.
    I'll ignore your reference to a product of mine and your slur. I am only concerned about the technical ability of the AE, which is what the thread is about.
    For a device that can only handle up to 16bit/48kHz, it has a very limited appeal. You can get a Pi to do better than that for the same price. The seriously minded music listener tends to also prefer 24Bit files, and primarily in 96 and 192 kHz format. That leaves the AE well short of being a serious wireless audio connection in this day and age.
    Your second comment is addressing the technical aspect of the APex. In your first comment you slashed the device as a pile of dung which it isn't.

ASAIKS it is the streaming protocol "Airplay" which is limited to 16/41 .. so, If you like the convenience and ease of use of Airplay (which I do) then the "trade-off" is that all music is streamed at 16bit/41k Hz ... same goes when using a Pi + Airplay. But the sq is still very acceptable IMO as long as the sound files are of good quality.

Airport Express measurements here
    Last edited by r100; 25-01-2016 at 10:46. Reason: added more info

I'm joe.

Thanks for the input Paul. But I have no time for posters who have nothing to add to a thread, other than to attack someone else who posted their opinion. I go back to a not dissimilar situation many years ago when Marco and Eddy Spaghetti found themselves banned together with me from a forum
    Wait: Marco got banned from a forum? How could that possibly happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Wait: Marco got banned from a forum? How could that possibly happen?
    Marco stood up for me when it mattered, and paid the price for his effort. But every cloud has a silver lining. All that palaver ended up resulting in Marco running AoS in the end.

I'm Sam.

Marco stood up for me when it mattered, and paid the price for his effort. But every cloud has a silver lining. All that palaver ended up resulting in Marco running AoS in the end.
    Remind me again.. which is the cloud and which the ... ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12