+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: What is the future for CDs?

I'm Sam.

hehe.. I'm sure they've never thought about it before and probably don't know what you're asking.

Good to know that Bandcamp have no say over what goes on so is just up to the artists (whom I'd tend to trust). It's the likes of Amazon and iTunes I'd not trust.

If it were me, I'd say "hey do what you want with it non-commercially, share it with friends etc but I do require that you point them to my bandcamp page on each share as a requirement of your licence and tell them they can donate if they like and sign up for future release notifications" and have a 'donate to the artist' option on the page plus an email subcription form.

I'm Richard.

A little update. My wife and I have just got back from Seckou Keita's performance in Dartmouth. Brilliant performance, and of course he had CDs to sell after the gig. They were very popular, and several people bought more than one. In fact I saw one woman with two copies of his latest, 22 Strings; presumably one for a friend.
    And there's a future for CDs, especially added value ones; merchandise at concerts! You can't really sell downloads at a gig, but CDs (and LPs too) are something you can take home with you. I bought an earlier CD and got it signed. Try that with a download!
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213