+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New PC help please

I'm Gary.

+100 for Jriver.

Main area you want to get right is in Jriver Audio options, where you set up Jriver to get the most out of your Dac and other audio setup options.
    As John said above, its not straightforward to get the best out of it.

Happy to help with Jriver setup as well as a few windows tweaks when you get set up Ben.

I'm Ben.

cheers dude, will take you up on that generous offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    +100 for Jriver.

Main area you want to get right is in Jriver Audio options, where you set up Jriver to get the most out of your Dac and other audio setup options.
    As John said above, its not straightforward to get the best out of it.

Happy to help with Jriver setup as well as a few windows tweaks when you get set up Ben.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Gary.

cushti

I'm Marc.

Foobar
    XBMC
    Sub/Madsonic

Sorted!

I used to go big on tweaks but as Windows has matured and the hardware has become more ubiquitous the only one I apply now is to turn off all system sounds (they're annoying and tend to mess with sample rate settings).

I'm Ben.

I've downloaded a 30 day trial version on JRiver to my current pc and have had a little play with it the afternoon for about an hour.

I'm impressed with it so far, straight out of the box it seams it will provide me with exactly what I want for music playback. The whole package certainly looks far better especially in theatre mode giving it a more HTPC look I wanted.

I swear it even sounds better than vlc media player............
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Andrei.

Several things can be done to get good sound from the PC. One that is vital is to get Windows out of the way - so use some solution that supports ASIO or WASAPI. Foobar, or J River and others support WASAPI. Also have a look at Fidelizer http://www.windowsxlive.net/fidelizer/
    This program does an on-the-fly windows optimization for music playback.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

I'm Ben.

I'm gonna have a play with fidelizer tomorrow hopefully if I get time

cheers,
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

New PC arrived this morning and is sitting here waiting to be unboxed, once set up I will purchase a full Jriver download.

I have also just bought an MF v-link II usb to spl/diff converter and intend to have a mess around with that to see if itmakes any improvements to the system. Picked it up cheap off the wam so if it proves to do nothing im sure I can move it on without loss.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Gary.

The Vlink is a very nice bit of kit, USB is (to me) the best way to get audio from your computer to your DAC.
    Had the same Vlink as you and the better 192 version, both were great.

Only snag needing a USB/spdif converter to get music to your DAC is putting in another link in the chain, with the variable of the digital cable you need to hook it up.

Nice bit of kit though, sounds great.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12