+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: iFI Audio iPurifier

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by john dolan View Post
    The iTUBE sounded poor and distorted badly and when I turned up the volume it didn't increase.

Must of been DOA so have sent it back for a refund.
    Did you set the jumper switches correctly? It has fixed as well as variable volume modes.
    iFi ZEN Stream/TV/CXC >> RME ADI2 DAC >> XTZ Edge A2-300 >> Rogers LS8a

PC >> Hugo 2 >> iFi Pro iCAN Sig >> Raal-Requisite CA-1a

Quote Originally Posted by technobear View Post
    Did you set the jumper switches correctly? It has fixed as well as variable volume modes.
    It comes as standard set to work as buffer direct with 0 gain and I got my brother to check the jumper switches as im near blind and they were set this way.

I also changed cables and still pure distortion and when I turned up the volume on my passive it sound didn't increase.

I changed my passive for my Glasshouse TVC still the same and even tried it in another system.

Even if I had the jumper settings wrong it shouldn't output pure distortion.It was just DOA shit happens I was just unlucky but it tainted the experience so I asked for refund rather than another unit.

Im still waiting for the refund by the way from Amazon.
    michell gyrodec with orbe platter - michell iso phono stage - sbt fed from synology nas or pc into
    young dac with palmer psu - passion passive preamp into wad valve amp

I'm Will.

iFi Purifier has been sent back and refunded by Analogue Seduction...my connectivity issues were getting worse, simply turning on my AV amp with a remote would affect the connectivity between my SBTouch and MDAC.

Moving my MDAC to OT/DD from OT/XT gives a very similar effect, so I'm tending to agree with Techno on this one, so it's probably some form of digital filter.

The chaps at Analogue Seduction tested mine and found no problems, so I wonder if others have experienced similar issues

Anyway the money has now been invested in some new Mark Grant interconnects...to better effect
    Cheers, Will

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456