+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cambridge Audio Azur 851C - short review

I'm Andy.

I am a big fan of Cambridge Audio. I'd recommend to anyone. Such good value build quality and materials used e.g the remote puts many £1-2k CDP remotes to shame.

My uncle gave me a 640C V2 a few years ago (yes very nice of him but he used to be a terrible box swapper and also a big sony fan so everything he bought, he'd end up buying a sony version). The 640C was a great CD player.

My dad then did a bit of hot rodding on it - op amps, regulators, capacitors and that gave it a new lease of life and made it even better.

This week I managed to get my hands on a Quad 99 CDP-2 at a bargain price and yes, I have to say it is in another league to the 640C. But then it should be for the RRP. I would like to know how the high end Cambridge stacks up but can't see me replacing the Quad for a good while.

Big thumbs up to CA (didn't realise they were on here!!). I won't give a big thumbs up to Richer Sounds as I've never received anything other than atrocious service from my local store, but I have been to stores over the boarder that have been more than helpful so I guess it's a bit of a postcode lottery.

Butuz
    Quad 99 CDP-2 >> Eastern Electric Minimax Pre>> XTZ Desire AP-100 >> PMC GB1i

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by realysm42 View Post
    Richer sounds have always done well by me.
    +1 when my CA 740A died and couldn't be repaired , they dealt with me very well , supacare was worthwhile ! Though I've now jumped ship and have a Marantz .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12