+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio Paradise at 192 Ogg Vorbis

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by camtwister View Post
    The lack of track info and cover art using the Ogg stream is not a fault.

All the details are here:
    http://www.radioparadise.com/content...topic_id=21751

I have the Soundcheck mods installed and I'm able to swap between 128k AAC and 192k Ogg streams for comparison...and fun.
    Thanks for that info-saved me spending half of today fiddling with settings. I hope Bill sorts this as I listen to RP all the time.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Jan.

Hmm the old 192 ogg stream does not Work for me right now (http://stream-tx1.radioparadise.com:9000/rp_192.ogg)

I went to their forum to see if the where any information about downtime.... well never found out, but some months back new streams were added; still no artwork but there are now track information.

Use this one:
    http://stream-sd.radioparadise.com:9000/rp_192m.ogg
    Last edited by slate; 22-08-2012 at 06:51.
    Jan.

Main: Touch -> Beresford Caiman II -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Duet (Audiocom)
    -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B

Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD + 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

I'm Jerry.

That's handy. Many thanks for pointing it out.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Richard.

Not quite sure whether there's much point in Ogg at 192 for Radio Paradise considering that most of the music is submitted by its listeners in MP3 format, so you've got 2 lots of different compression algorithms on the go, but in saying that I guess the higher bitrate will minimise the amount of artefacts you'll get. Plus it's still one of the best stations out there in terms of its content and sound quality.
    Rich

I'm Jerry.

The listeners submit the music? I didn't realise that. They have good taste then, lot's of excellent stuff submitted.
    I notice slightly less sibilance at 192 O.V as opposed to 128 AAC.
    Jerry

I'm Jan.

Jan.

Main: Touch -> Beresford Caiman II -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Duet (Audiocom)
    -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B

Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD + 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

I'm Jerry.

If you search Shoutcast by bitrate you will see that RP is now available at 320kps AAC.
    Not sure if this is a mistake at there is nothing about it on RP's site.
    Jerry

I'm Richard.

There's Ogg FLAC ~1Mb which I've never been able to get on my Squeezebox, if you suss it out, can you let me know how to do it, please.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/liste...r-devices.html

I'm Jerry.

No Richard, I can't get it to work either
    Jerry

I'm Dave.

Many thanks everyone, just pasted OGG 192 into Logitech Media Server and it works - didn't know I could do that. This will be useful for other radio stations now that Squeezebox is no more, though Logitech say they will continue to support Media Server.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12