+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new Triode "screen off" screensaver plugin

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Default new Triode "screen off" screensaver plugin

I've just installed Triode's latest plugin, http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ff-screensaver , and it works from a screen off perspective.
    Whether it improves sound quality is another matter, but is certainly doesn't make sound quality any worse.
    Truth be told it's not night and day, and I can't be bothered doing A/B tests and retests to hear if there actually is an improvement.
    The lack of display on the screen may well provide less of a distraction, and so allow the mind to concentrate better.

Anyway, give it a go and let us know what you think
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Jerry.

I have to say a firm and resounding NO to your request. The screen is a wondrous part of the Touch and I am not turning it off for you or anybody else.
    So there.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    I have to say a firm and resounding NO to your request. The screen is a wondrous part of the Touch and I am not turning it off for you or anybody else.
    So there.
    Fair comment
    I usually interface with my Touch using a web browser (as I am now) or using Squeezecommander on my Android phone, so it's of little consequence to me whether there's a display on or not.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Alastair.

I have installed it and seems to work very well - I cannot say anything about the SQ though. Because it is a screensaver you can set-it to kick-in only when playing (with a suitable delay). When you use the remote, the screen comes back on so you can navigate menus etc. If felt the TT3.0 equivalent effectively neutered one of the best features of the Touch. Give it a try it. It takes seconds to install (and probably to uninstall if you don't like it).
    Cheers

Alastair

RPI4/PI2AES running PiCorePlayer/LMS-> AQ Carbon AES -> Topping D90 DAC-> Khozomo Passive Pre-Amp -> 4x Temple Audio Monoblocks powered by 2xLiFePO batteries->Van Damme Black Bi-Wired to B&W 804 Nautilus and Sommer Carbokab 225 Interconnects

I'm Chris.

Also just installed it. Thanks for the heads up, Chris.

All I can say is it works and gets round the frustration of no interaction via the SBT when using TT 3.0, which was is sometimes useful.

Chris

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    So there.
    My Touch replaced a Receiver and I thought I'd never need the screen - 101 other ways to control it. But I love the display . In a nostalgic mood I turn on the VU meters . More jerky display than the Transporter though -

BTW does anyone know how to take a screen grab of the Touch??

+ Reply to Thread