+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squeezebox connection problem

I'm colin.

Default Squeezebox connection problem

I just turned om my Touch for another bout of trying to sync my ipeng app with spotify but the touch is displaying bad gateway 502. Does this mean the ip address has changed ?
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm Stuart.

this explains the error - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findby...a/502error.htm
    It could be - if it is = there is a way to prevent it ever happening again
    this method is based on the fact 1) you have a router for your internet, and it's running DHCP to share the network - if so > carry on

- access your router via a web browser (usually http://192.168.1.x) x being 1 or 3 - note this is generally what they are
    - you'll need to get to view of your network and items connected to it - you should see the SBT - they are usually selectable - select it (or configure it)
    - from here you should be able to assign a permanent IP address for it
    - apply the changes and make note of the IP for safe keeping

thats it

if not > I'm sorry but there will be a way out there somewhere

Goodluck
    Stu
    Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 (mod w/ VCAPS and BGs) - Wadia 12 DAC (mod with BGs) - Squeezebox Touch with TT3 mod
    Temple Audio Bantam Gold Monos
    Proac Studio 200s (mod x2 ss8535 x2 ss8545 x2 ss9700 rebuilt x-over) so not really Proacs anymore - sound great though
    Nordost Heimdall speaker Bi Wire 2m - all others own made solid core silver signal with solid core copper returns

I'm Stuart.

Audio Aero Capitole 24/192 (mod w/ VCAPS and BGs) - Wadia 12 DAC (mod with BGs) - Squeezebox Touch with TT3 mod
    Temple Audio Bantam Gold Monos
    Proac Studio 200s (mod x2 ss8535 x2 ss8545 x2 ss9700 rebuilt x-over) so not really Proacs anymore - sound great though
    Nordost Heimdall speaker Bi Wire 2m - all others own made solid core silver signal with solid core copper returns

I'm colin.

That will it. Thanks. Not a great introduction to squeezebox.

I'm Twisted.

Frustrating - but stick with it. Everyone I know has had some sort of teething trouble with streaming systems, most often router/WiFi issues it seems. There are some real experts here (sadly I am not one if them) and on the sb forum, and once you iron it out it'll be great.

I settled on an 'always on' solution running a version of linux and no WiFi and it has rewarded me with faultless performance.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm colin.

Working tonight with only one track stall while listening to spotify on wi fi. When it worked it sounded very good.
    Frustrated though that ipeng remote will not recognize spotify. Would love to work this one out.

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by stu.dio View Post
    I am sure if you ask a question on this forum someone can sort you out,not much they don't know about the touch.They sorted out two of my teething problems very quickly. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread