+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What HIFI 5 STAR for my DAC

I'm Keith.

Jerry I seem to recollect you were most indignant when Goldmund were discovered to be rebadging Pioneers, I simply wanted to know whether all the TEC 7510 dacs had the same innards, sorry if that is not being 'nice'.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Ahem!

Guys, I really don't want this discussion going off-topic and turning into a squabble. If I see any further evidence of this the posts will simply be deleted and the thread locked until things are back to normal.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purite audio View Post
    I simply wanted to know whether all the TEC 7510 dacs had the same innards,
    No they don't.

I find myself in the position where I keep having to answer the same questions over and over again.
    The fact of the matter is that I am a product designer, and have been so for nearly two decades. But until recently when i set up my own business I have been designing stuff for other people under their brand name. My forte is low cost solutions, not high end stuff. When I started off by myself two years ago I had no capital to start with. So I made a deal with TEC, who I have been doing design work for since 1996, under which they can sell my designs according to their own specs in return for them manufacturing my own products. It is a win-win situation.
    You can understand why I get a bit peed off when people refer to TEC as if I am selling his product under my name. He does more than 100 products, so if I was just re-badging I could easily sell more than just a DAC. I sell TEC products under the TEC brand name, so why would I want to go through the added expense and pick on just one product to stick my name on, when I could sell the TEC version cheaper and shift larger quantities?

Some people just refuse to give me credit for my work, even though I have been on the scene far longer than you think. Do I have to show you my prototypes on veroboard, with the bill of material invoices from the likes of Maplin, or drawings in various stages and amendments, before the sceptics shut up? No wonder British engineering is going down the pan. We are not considered smart enough to be able to come up with original ideas and have them made. It's only the Americans, Germans, and Far Easteners that are accepted as having any brains to come up with great ideas.

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Bit late again getting on the forum

Anyway congrats on the review Stan! theres only a handful of UK designed products left now so respect to you mate

Leo

I'm gone.

Post Deleted (without prompting ) ....

I do think it's a bit off though when one dealer stabs another in the back ..... ...... there should be forum rules about that, too. Actually, I think it's called Trolling.
    Last edited by jandl100; 12-09-2008 at 06:46.

I'm Nick.

Sensimilia - Stan - you should be very pleased, and proud, to have achieved this recognition for the hard work and time you will have invested in this venture. Not only is it something to have created a well regarded piece of kit, but to have got it out of prototype and into production is no mean feat. Especially with the market dominated by the big names! Good luck and ignore the naysayers!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Quote Originally Posted by purite audio View Post
    Jerry I seem to recollect you were most indignant when Goldmund were discovered to be rebadging Pioneers, I simply wanted to know whether all the TEC 7510 dacs had the same innards, sorry if that is not being 'nice'.
    I have deleted my post, i see that the posts that had set me off on one are now gone .
    Just an old muswell hillbilly getting out of bed the wrong side today i`m afraid.
    Last edited by thrunobulaxx; 12-09-2008 at 09:32.
    Regards, John.

John, mate, I really don't think that's the case.

Guys,

Keith has his customers and Stan has his. They're both entitled to earn a living however they see fit. Keith was only seeking information about the origins of Stan's DAC, which he now has. There was no malice, as far as I can see, intended towards Stan or his products.

Let's keep this thread positive - it's about Stan winning an award, nothing else. Talk about his DAC, by all means, but I won't let it degenerate into a petty squabble about who's selling what to their customers.

<Final warning>

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Post Deleted (without prompting ) ....
    Thank you, Jerry!

Now let's all chill and put on our happy hats

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    John, mate, I really don't think that's the case.

Guys,

Keith has his customers and Stan has his. They're both entitled to earn a living however they see fit. Keith was only seeking information about the origins of Stan's DAC, which he now has. There was no malice, as far as I can see, intended towards Stan or his products.

Let's keep this thread positive - it's about Stan winning an award, nothing else. Talk about his DAC, by all means, but I won't let it degenerate into a petty squabble about who's selling what to their customers.

<Final warning>

Marco.
    Maybe i got out of bed the wrong side so my apologies, i`m afraid i have seen what Stan has had to deal with in other places and even taken stick myself for endorsing his product.
    I guess i bit.
    Regards, John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast