+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Cable Clearout - Roll Up Roll Up

I'm Gary.

Default Big Cable Clearout - Roll Up Roll Up

Looking to free up some space and some (hopefully) funds to fund future upgrade.

Looking at:

- Biwire Cable Jumpers (3 types)
    - Mid Price RCA interconnects

- High end XLR cables
    - High end RCA interconnects
    - High end speaker cable

ALL CABLES TREATED WITH CAIG'S DEOXIT PRIOR TO SALE

BIWIRE CABLE JUMPERS
    Nowadays I use seperate runs of speaker cable between amp and speaker, so dont need Jumpers.
    When I did I experimented with a few different sets to get the sound I wanted.

#1 Tellerium Q Green
    Hand terminated by Colin Wonfor at 50cm length, this was his own personal set.
    RRP for the latest versions is £120 looking for

£60 delivered

#2 Anti Cable speaker Jumpers
    Very surprised with these - Extremely good sounding with very precise, clear but not fatiguing sound character. Very open and clear, but with oodles of bass. Reminded me of DNM Reson in a few ways.Solid copper Spades (not plated brass) fitted to these, and sound benefits from it.

£40 delivered

(and saving the best till last...)
    #3 Chord Company Signature Jumpers
    These were the ones I settled with, best sounding and really brought out the sound of speakers at the time.The supplied biwire links really harm sound quality in a bi-wire setup, tried small lengths of the same cable I was using at the time, but the Signatures here was a lot better.
    Superb things.

£90 delivered

MID PRICE RCA INTERCONNECTS

I run balanced interconnects through my System nowadays, so have a bunch of RCA cables I no longer use, and up for sale here.The cables Im selling are from Morrow Audio.
    Morrow cables kept coming up in American Audio forums such as Audiogon and Steve Hoffman forums as ultra high value, fantastic sound quality cables.
    What got me interested in them was that they were quite often used at high end American shows by "those in the know" as cables to show off their Kit.
    Having bought 2 different speaker cables, 4 interconnects and a DIgital XLR cable from them I couldnt agree more.
    They are genuinely fantastic, and a lot better than more established UK based brands you might be more familiar with.

#1 Morrow Audio MA5 - 1m length
    Info Here : https://www.morrowaudio.com/products...-72-ssi-wires#

I ran these for a few years between my 300B SET amp and Pre, and didnt find the need for anything more, even with an amp of that caliber.
    When I passed that Power amp on I went fully balanced, and didnt have a need for them again.
    These are the current "Mark 2" versions, RRP is $649, so this is a £500 interconnect, and (to me) the best one at that price point.
    They come fitted with KLEI Silver Harmony RCA pplugs, which cost £75 just for the plugs.

I have two 1m sets,
    1m pair for £225 delivered.

ON TO THE HIGHER END STUFF

XLR CABLE
    Wireworld Gold Eclipse 8 - 0.5m length
    4N solid silver conductors and pins XLR cable.

No off the shelf Neutrik plugs here, everything is bespoke.
    Half meter cable and it weighs a ton.I used this between my PS Audio preamp and Dac, didnt want to limit the potential of this great sounding gear, and for souch an important connection I wanted to get it right.
    Do it once and do it right I say so didn't skimp on the cables for this job.

Was sold on the idea of XLR cables aren't like RCAs, and any "pro" XLR cable would do?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT THE CASE. Tried all the usual suspects, Belden, Mogami, and the like and they all sounded different.
    Wanted the best from my gear so did some digging and the American forums (where I guess they have higher end gear generally) the Wireworld cable kept coming up as "The One"
    Well, I bought one, and it was.
    Didnt know how good my PS Audio gear was until I hooked this cable up - wow.

Selling as due to upgrades and changes of kit I moved my gear about and needed 1m length, so this is too short for my needs and hasnt been used.

Current RRP for a 0.5m length is £1000 (Gulp )
    https://www.futureshop.co.uk/wireworld-gold-eclipse-8-2-xlr-to-2-xlr-audio-cable-pair

Selling mine for £450 delivered

RCA INTERCONNECT

More Gold Eclipse 8 cable here, this time as a 1M RCA interconnect.
    Again, 4N Silver construction, everything is bespoke from Wireworld.

Wanted the best for my Rega P10 Vinyl setup, so bought this for use between my Primare Phono stage and Preamp.
    Wanted the best interconnect I could get and didnt want the cable to limit the potential of my new Turntable, so put a good cable in there.
    As good a sound as I had hoped from my vinyl, didnt feel the P10 was holding anything back, the cable made for a fantastic listening experience and was worth every penny.

Selling as I changed Turntable and Phonostage, and have discovered the benefits of going fully balanced with Vinyl, and all my digital gear is fed into the Dac so no need for an analogue interconnect.

Current RRP of this cable for a 1M length is £1700
    https://www.futureshop.co.uk/wirewor...dio-cable-pair

Selling mine for £750 delivered.

LAST UP IS SOME MORROW AUDIO SPEAKER CABLE
    MORROW AUDIO "Mk 2" SP7 SPEAKER CABLE - 2.1M RUNS
    https://www.morrowaudio.com/products...-865-ssi-wires

There are 4 individual 2.1m runs, I ran bare wire at the power amp end, and terminated with KLEI Classic Harmony silver Z-Plugs, probably the best banana plug you can get at £75 a set on their own.

Ran the Mk1 version of this cable (with less internal cores) as an upgrade to my Tellerium Q Ultra Black with my old Colin Topp's Eddingdale speakers and 300B Set amp.
    Also used with my Impulse H2 Horns, and the cable sounded superb with both.
    Morrow were bringing out an improved version with almost double the number of internal cores, so organised a demo set from Mike Morrow in the States.
    Big improvement over the Mk1 in all areas, really happy and whilst not cheap, the improvement I was getting was worth every penny.

Current RRP is $1500, so these are a £1200 speaker cable.
    Selling mine for £450 delivered.

Thats all folks,
    sorry for the rambling but I'm posting this Ad elsewhere, so wanted to cover all the bases.

Thanks.
    Gaz.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 15-05-2024 at 21:28.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Chord Signature Jumpers SOLD
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Colin.

Pm with you

I'm Gary.

Anti Cable Jumpers SOLD
    Last edited by Gazjam; 18-05-2024 at 09:37.

I'm Colin.

Payment should be with you

I'm Gary.

+ Reply to Thread