+ Reply to Thread
Page 2977 of 2996 FirstFirst ... 19772477287729272967297529762977297829792987 ... LastLast
Results 29,761 to 29,770 of 29952

Thread: Spinning Today - What Are You Listening To Right Now? (Part 3)

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Thought I'd give this a play too.

Great choice!
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Firebottle(Alan) has waived his magic wand and tweakery over my phono stage, and the vinyl reproduction has never sounded so good. So much more ambience, depth and detail from this album and others, great bass, drums tight and controlled, superb transients and decay. Thanks Alan!

Marillion – Brave
    Label: Parlophone – 0190295719593
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, Deluxe Edition, Reissue, Remastered, Steven Wilson Remix

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Great choice!
    Cheers Ade, it was you got me into it

Something I've noticed - some releases are on Parlophone (as is mine), and some say Bluenote on the sleeve... All I can think is that maybe Bluenote did the original press, and Parlophone the re-releases. All I know is that I cannot fault this Parlophone one - vinyl roar completely absent, and the overall sound balance is spot on to my ears

I think I read somewhere that his other albums have had a rather more lukewarm reception - what are your views?
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Adrian.

Something I've noticed - some releases are on Parlophone (as is mine), and some say Bluenote on the sleeve... All I can think is that maybe Bluenote did the original press, and Parlophone the re-releases. All I know is that I cannot fault this Parlophone one - vinyl roar completely absent, and the overall sound balance is spot on to my ears

I think I read somewhere that his other albums have had a rather more lukewarm reception - what are your views?
    I think the latest, just called 'St Germain', https://www.discogs.com/release/7564...ain-St-Germain stands on its own merits, Ludovic Navarre used musicians from Mali, it was predominantly recorded at Bamako, Mali and calls upon traditional Mali style music, with other samples and style from Jazz. It still has the flavour of St Germain but with a different feel, it is very good IMHO and very well recorded/produced. Well worth getting a copy, in fact I think I will give it a spin next.

I'm Steve.

I thought I had 'Come Find Yourself', turns out I haven't. So this will have to do.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have 'Tourist' on CD; so I'm not at all worried about vinyl roar!

Regarding the Blue Note/EMI confusion, this is what my copy says: "(P)&(C) 2000 Primary Society. The copyright in this recording is owned by PRIMARY SOCIETY under exclusive license to BLUE NOTE/EMI France."

I have another of St Germain's recordings: 'Boulevard, the complete series' (1995) and don't think much of it.
    Barry

I'm Adrian.

St Germain – St Germain
    Label: Warner Music France – 0825646121984, Parlophone – 0825646121984
    Format: 2 x Vinyl, LP, Album, 180 Gram

I'm Adrian.

Steve, I should have said that St Germain - Boulevard (the first album) is perhaps what you could describe as more drum/bass and dance driven, but not in a bad way, I personally like it a lot so is also worth a listen. It sort leads into Tourist.

+ Reply to Thread