+ Reply to Thread
Page 612 of 613 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613 LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6124

Thread: Car (or bike) Chat!

I'm Steve.

Thanks everyone, lots of info here about how much cheaper running an ev can be than ice when home charging, but I knew that already. My original question was about the 65p per kW/h cost at my local motorway services, as I was wondering how much of a rip-off it was.

Until everyone is able to get their shit together regarding home-charging, and evs' range becomes more practical, away-from-home charging costs will remain a concern to me, and no doubt most folk.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

[QUOTE=AJSki2fly;1374245]Just driven up to Alan(Bigbottle) and back today, just worked out miles per kWh and it is 4.65, pretty good considering I was cruising slight over limits and had heating on am and air con pm. Total kWh used 65, 43kwh cost £19.14 and 22 cost £1.65, total £20.79, which is £0.07/mile or if comparing with 40mpg ICE vehicle equivalent to £2.80 a gallon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[QUOTE]

Those are some pretty impressive figures Adrian, and you did well to get to Firebottle's and back on your home charge. I assume you was driving to Tipton, a distance of 152 miles each way.

I estimate the Volvo (doing an average 50mpg) would use approx. 6 gallons, at a cost of about £42. So double the consumption of the Tesla. But if using that M61 services charger that 65kW/h multiplied by the 65p unit cost comes to also £42. So I've answered my own question, M-way services are even more of a con than with fuel.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

While I was getting my dinner on Thursday I snapped this very tidy vintage SL:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I always liked those, I suspect they will only go up in value - just look how much the 60’s “Pagoda Roof” SLs are now - I remember when you could pick them up for around 15 grand!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I always liked those, I suspect they will only go up in value - just look how much the 60’s “Pagoda Roof” SLs are now - I remember when you could pick them up for around 15 grand!
    I know! They have all been going up for years now. The 1950s ones are getting over the million mark.

The SL the only Merc worth having IMO. Classy and not too flash. But must have the hardtop.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    While I was getting my dinner on Thursday I snapped this very tidy vintage SL:

Is that your dinner in front of the car? My daughter and her mates used to do that when they were students.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Steve.

Quite a bit later (1991), but nice and tidy. £21,750, and the value can only go one way. Unless of course you bin it.

T'other system:

A/V:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Is that your dinner in front of the car? My daughter and her mates used to do that when they were students.
    Discarded pizza boxes can be an abundant source of cheese.
    Current Lash Up:

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Amazing story, but just listen to how it sounds!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Martin.

You'd need balls of steel to corner that at any serious speed.

No-one had thought of roll cages in those days I suppose. 'Look at this lads - now if I flip this thing I won't die!'
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread