+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Music is playing again after a long hiatus. Vinyl, Reel to Reel, and Digital!

I'm James.

A few words on how it sounds would be nice.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    A few words on how it sounds would be nice.
    Well after hearing similar speakers and drivers over the last year I became very interested. These impressed me enough for me to put my eggs in this new basket, and sold a few other pairs without much regret. I want to give the Sarah and HDTv2's time together. The amp has less than 400 hours and the drivers and brand new with maybe 100 hours on them as of this post. I am looking forward to the results. They are the probably smallest floorstanders I have owned I believe yet the depth and size of the stage is like nothing I have encountered so far in over 45+ years. My friend and amp builder James Burgess was over last night and commented that he was hearing the vocals outside of the room in all directions. He looked behind him a few times, and I saw a lot of facial expressions going on that let me know he was hearing what I had been trying to describe with these new speakers and amp. The pinpoint accuracy, huge stage, and holographic 3d ambience from these speakers and their 4-6 watt 300B companion is the finest I have heard to date. I have been told, and firmly believe things will do nothing but get better, and I am looking forward to the journey.

I'm James.

Sounds like you have hit the mark with this latest set up? Your description of the soundstage is impressive and I presume detaches the sound from the speakers as it were. I like holographic ambience and transparency in my system and it sounds like you have achieved this with these speakers.

Very interesting , I must check the Lii Audio speakers out. I cannot see the F6S on their site?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Charles.

Today has been surreal.. I'm jittery still. It was just an incredible christening with Jon. We listened all day to these beautiful speakers
    that he built. We discussed what we were hearing and it was just "another world experience for me. He felt the same, and if he didn't feel that way he wouldn't say it.

Steve Deckert has a winner in this speaker he calls the HDT v 2.

Charlie

Last edited by charles hidalgo; 09-02-2024 at 00:52.

I'm Chris.

What a surprise! After the range of speakers you’ve owned. Made me think of making (having made!I don’t have the space)
    Though I DID make Zigmahornets….from polystyrene! AND they sounded excellent to the surprise of a few who heard them!
    Muses…..I wonder if making HDT V2s from polystyrene would work……or plastic faced (‘Formica’) poly.
    Also, I’d wonder how Ocellia .30 Grandis Calliopes would compare,(concentric units similarly)
    Must have been a big surprise to you,finding just how good relatively lowly speakers can sound!
    Long may it continue. Sometimes it’s good to settle…I keep telling myself,especially with cars!
    Hifi? I may be there just in terms of being too old to change!
    Chris in Bristol

Pic of Zigmahornets,though now in ply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris.

I'm Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by hornucopia View Post
    What a surprise! After the range of speakers you’ve owned. Made me think of making (having made!I don’t have the space)
    Though I DID make Zigmahornets….from polystyrene! AND they sounded excellent to the surprise of a few who heard them!
    Muses…..I wonder if making HDT V2s from polystyrene would work……or plastic faced (‘Formica’) poly.
    Also, I’d wonder how Ocellia .30 Grandis Calliopes would compare,(concentric units similarly)
    Must have been a big surprise to you,finding just how good relatively lowly speakers can sound!
    Long may it continue. Sometimes it’s good to settle…I keep telling myself,especially with cars!
    Hifi? I may be there just in terms of being too old to change!
    Chris in Bristol

Pic of Zigmahornets,though now in ply.
    Well surprising yes. Other than that these are as far from "lowly" and far from settling. Two days with them and I sold two pairs of speakers for that were not by any means slouches and at my cost were over five times what these cost. It's more for me what this world class room (others words not mine) has become. The bonus that I have less in my setup now than I have had in cables in the past, and it was a journey I personally had to take. The listening chair speaks for itself and I always welcome others to come on by.

Charlie
    Last edited by charles hidalgo; 26-02-2024 at 12:18.

I'm Chris.

Well I did say ‘relatively’ lowly!
    It’s great to have found something special.
    Plus -as you intimate- not huge cost.
    Enjoy the music.
    It’s great to read of this.
    Chris.
    Chris.

I'm Charles.

I was so impressed I had a few "full range" people over (one with 50 years pus experience) and they all said these were the smoothest out of the box drivers they have heard at any price. In fact one is pursuing these speakers in the same build and will have a nice pair of Ac-2.6's for sale soon ($4300.00usd a pair no cabinets) as a result of hearing these. The Lii Audio Silvers are $500.00usd.

I'm Rob.

I can't believe that such a small room and rubbish kit could sound any good?
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Charles.

I realized I may be about 60 miles away from you Rob next year. Hopefully I'll be heading back to Bicester for a visit. I have not been there since 2007.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast