Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
Hi James, I think we should just be happy when we find a version we like, regardless of the medium, it is after all, about the music, not the Tech.
I had 4 different versions of Tubular Bells on vinyl, the original release was by far the best, anniversary and remastered just didn't cut it. I purchased 3 copies of the original, before I found a mint copy of it. Mint playback that is.
Equipment wise, I've been reducing my box count and breaking my speaker set up down to smaller, more manageable chunks. The Yams were just too heavy for me to move, with arthritis setting in. I now have ATC 20 Pro II active monitors standing on a pair of BK 10" subs, much easier to move or transport to NEBO etc.

Your right Ken, just find a copy of the music that floats your boat. I have found most remasters just don't sound anywhere near as good as the originals. I found this to be very true recently when I bought some Kraftwerk original pressings on vinyl. There is no comparison with the remasters.

I think you certainly did more than most with the yummies to get the best out of them, a very long term project for sure. I must say your current speaker set up looks like it means business! I may try and get up to NEBO again so may see you there if I do?

I took a look at your website and write up on the Eversolo A6 streamer. I have been reading good reviews about this for some months. I think IIWI does a great review and mentioned the Linear power upgrade. The Eversolo A8 looks a serious piece of kit too.