+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Analogue inputs - good ADCs and streaming?

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by purite audio View Post
    Have a lok at the Metric Halo range, A/D and D/A and built in recording software, you can plug your tonearm lead directly into the machine and configure the RIAA in the digital domain, the ULN8 is also the best dac have heard.
    Keith.
    Thanks. Maybe my arms and legs would be torn off with that stuff. I'd get a lot of flak from someone who'd probably rather have a lot of other things before this.
    Dave

I'm David.

I used one of the older creative ones with superb results
    these have also been mentioned for this sort of thing http://www.behringer.co.uk/EN/Products/SRC2496.aspx
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Dave.

OK - so several of you still seem to reckon the Creative ones are OK at the price - while usually throwing in a reference to something more esoteric and costing more than a cheap second hand car as well. Maybe I should try my MP3+ again, or get one of the newer ones with 24 bit outputs.

One other thought. As I was about to type this. I looked at my desk and saw a Sony Hi-Mini Disc recorder which I don't use much. The top end model I think (probably MZ-RH1), and I wondered if that has a good ADC? If I used that would I get better results? Also, would I actually have to record to disc, or could I just switch the sound through without recording? Going via Hi-MDs would slow things up a bit though, but it should be a route. The download from Hi-MD to my computer shouldn't take too long.
    Dave

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I'm way off on this (as if you haven't noticed ), but I've been given an M-Audio 2496 and i intend to experiment with needle drops etc from the little AT phono stage i've just taken a punt on (after all I said to Marco too ).

Good luck.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm notAlone.

Dave, please consider putting Tascam US-100 (only 16/48) and US-144mkII (24/96) into your list of converters.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Mike.

I have been using my Audigy soundcard for several years with decent results. But I use mine to record my LPs to CD for use in my car. I recently bought the Cakewalk (formerly Edirol) UA-1G. It has a mode where it bypasses Windows and uses its own driver. It is also capable of 24/96 recording and playback, although I have never tried it. It only costs $100 so may be worth a try to see what you think. The sound is very clear and punchy with decent PRaT, but somewhat clinical sounding IMHO. I haven't tried an Audigy vs. Cakewalk recording to CD yet as I just got it a few weeks ago.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12