Quote Originally Posted by Accudazed View Post
Hi John

Thanks for your post.

Yes, Accuphase have stripped my machine and given it a good test. Your experience with the Marantz SA15 is similar to mine though. The approach seems to be one of replacing all parts around the problem area. Some of the parts needed for my machine are no longer available hence its return in an unfixed state.

As someone who is staring into the abyss, so to speak, with a 5 year old CD player worth £2200 that may have to be scrapped I can't help but ponder over why manufacturers of these machines don't make enough spares? Still at least when my wife finds me with a pair of underpants on my head and a pencil in each nostril she will know where it all started!

What a mess...

Who replaced your laser?

My previous posts concerning my Accuphase DP-500 problems barely touched the surface so to speak. When it is all over I will do more posts. There is much to learn from my expensive nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I replaced these myself, however, prior to doing this I was fortunate to find an online service manual for the SA15 which had a diagram of the disassembled transport, as luck would have it on a different forum I also found a set of instructions and details from a member who had experienced the same type of problem.

Sadly I had a search online for your Accuphase but have not been able to locate this type of data.

John