+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yamaha GT-CD1 or GT-CD2 help please!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Robin.

Default Yamaha GT-CD1 or GT-CD2 help please!

Hi everyone

You may/may not be aware of this top-loading CD player from the late-80s/early-90s. Very much a last gasp of Japanese major manufacturer high-end.

These are somewhat unusual in that they use a "puck" sitting on top of the CD to stabilise it during play - a couple of pics attached found on one for sale on Hifido in Japan.

I recently acquired a more or less mint GT-CD2 (with remote and box) despite knowing that it had lost its puck and naively thinking I would find one easily - ha!

Fortunately I have an offer to make one from scratch and although some details can be divined from pictures taking the measurements from a real one would be v.v.v.v.helpful.

So, wondering if any AOSer might happen to have one that they can take some snaps of against a tape measure so the CNC guy has something to work from?

There are differences in sizes between the GT-CD1 and GT-CD2 pucks but ( I believe) they are interchangeable.

Thanks all - and yes I know this is a long-shot!

Robin

p.s. Yes in case you were wondering I do have a request into Yamaha Europe in Germany but I am pretty sure this will have gone into the "far too difficult" box
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread