+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The day - today

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I have all their earlier output, just didn't keep up with their later stuff.
    At the time there were other records making demands on my wallet.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

16 May 1568 - Mary Queen of Scots fled to England disguised as an ordinary woman, crossing the Solway to Workington. If there had been Trip Advisor back then she might not have bothered. Sorry Workington.

16 May 1990 - Government minister and dad of the year nominee John Gummer attempted to allay public fears over BSE by having his daughter eat a burger for the benefit of the TV cameras. Kids from back then are now all growed up and taking their kids to McDonalds regularly, which I would argue is only marginally less irresponsible.

16 May 2001 - Labour Deputy PM Johnny "Two Jags", while on a visit to Rhyll North Wales, gets an egg chucked at him, to which he quickly replies with a punch, and in the ensuing scuffle police arrest 29 year-old Craig Evans. I didn't know there was anyone that young in Rhyll, perhaps he was a stowaway on one of the coach trips.

Sorry about the editorialising, I'm feeling grumpier than normal this morning...
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

Alex_UK is online now Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Sorry about the editorialising, I'm feeling grumpier than normal this morning...
    Don’t apologise, that really made me chuckle, stay grumpy, Steve!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Steve's grumpy because his genuine fake Omega watch has stopped working after twenty years.

But Steve, you should take some comfort in the recognition that a broken watch displays the correct time twice a day, whereas a watch that just meets the definition of being a chronometer, will only display the correct time once every 60 years!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920