Cheers gents, thanks for the welcome!

So then, maybe not exactly ‘no system really’ but still a climb down from systems of old, the bias shifted from an audiophile bent to something that fits with family life and happy wife.

[1] What will be the source of music: CD, internet, vinyl

Vinyl and media streamed from a server, I’ve tb’s worth of lossless rips and some MP3’s. Never stopped buying vinyl so these are/will be my main sources.

Currently use an nvidia shield (plex) as the main source into a Cyrus DAC8 into a pair of focal 908’s. Dusted off an old 1210 mk5 and picked up a dino mk3 and borrowed an ortofon 2M red pnp recently - sounds great but room for improvement. Upgrade plan is a never connected psu for the phonostage then a reclock, sme903 and maybe new bearings and platter for the turntable, then it’s off to the amp side, speakers and possibly a streamer - existing kit will move into the family room. It’s fairly basic, coming from biamped electras via 4x mf a50’s and a load of other random boxes and gubbins, current setup aside from the turntable scores high on WAF.

[2] Would you be willing to use previously owned equipment

100% - aside from the Cyrus dac8 I think everything I’ve had over the years has been sourced 2nd hand.

[3] How large can the speakers be when used in your listening/living room: floor standing, or bookshelf

Listening room - one can only dream! Likely stuck with bookshelf speakers for the foreseeable future.

[4] What is your budget?

Hmmm, not mega bucks for sure, budgets not set - list above should give a guide but I’m after value for money - very subjective that one though!

- should add, not suddenly single and free to divulge lol, just house move means the living room will not be so lived in meaning I can get back to habits of old ;D