Recently in many forums there has been lots about using a Mutec 3+ USB in your digital chain to reclock the digital stream to improve sound. I have heard one for a day in a system at a DAC off and I have to say was impressed by the differences with and without it in the chain . Sadly new these units are £1100 + and even used they are closer to £1000 . I just can not afford that sort of money . However a friend has recently bought a used Mutec and he already had an Audio GD DI 2014 unit which does the same thing but is much cheaper and now discontinued.

However I met John at the Wam Show were we both had rooms and he was kind enough to lend the unit to try out at home in my own system . After being so worn out after the show and having a repaired/upgraded NVA P60 power amp to install in my main system and listen to I managed to get the time on Sunday to put the Audio GD in my active system chain . I have taken an RCA SPDIF out from my Allo Digihat Signature player to the Audio GD then a BNC connection from that to the MiniDSP DDRC 22D and then through the rest of the system . John did warn me that if the unit is not used for a while then it needs a little warm up . So listened to Cerys on 6 Music on the Sunday morning and was honestly really surprised at how good it sounded and what a difference it made .

So much did it add to the music that I decided there and then I was going to buy this unit and I am now also looking out for another one to insert in my main system as well . I am sure that a Mutec will sound even better but I do not have the money to buy one of those even used , will keep an eye out for a bargain but doubt that will happen . I have not real clue as to why this works and why it adds so much that is good to the music but it does and given they can be bought for less than £200 in most cases then it is a very good way to get most of the benefits to sound quality of the Mutec but for much less .