Never EVER make a purchase based on a single review.
Never EVER import a product where sending it back is not going to be cost effective.

Uh oh. The evidence below strongly indicates I don't take any notice of my own advice...

The current DAC in my system is, IMO, rather good (Denafrips Pontus II) but that little voice in the head keeps nattering away when it comes to hifi. A Denafrips Terminator Plus is hugely appealing but, barring a lottery win, there is no chance of that. So, in keeping with the theme of improbable (delusional) wishes, how about a dCS Lina (combo streamer / DAC)? On what planet does a streamer / DAC costing £5k(ish) more than the Terminator Plus even come into the equation when the TP isn't within budget? Planet Sim Hifi. I'd be fantastic at that game.

However... I've been toying with the idea of experimenting with "cheap" DACs for some time. All the usual suspects were tempting (e.g. Topping, SMSL, Gustard, Singxer et al) but, for reasons that currently elude me, I just didn't get the "feeling" to pull the trigger. Until now. Based on just one review. Importing from the USA.

Geshelli Labs JNOG2 (AKM version):
https://geshelli.com/product/jnog2/ [ES Sabre versions also available]

Interactive casing viewer / checker:
https://geshelli.com/product-viewer/

I went for the USB module (extra US $50) and White Oak wooden casing (extra US $50). Taking into account import duty / VAT etc, the cost overall delivered cost is likely to be roughly a quarter of the Pontus II. Had I stuck with the basic model (aluminium casing / no USB module), that would be roughly 1/7th.

A search for "Geshelli" produced zero hits on the forums so the following question is more in hope than expectation. Nevertheless, has anyone on the forums got any experience of any Geshelli products (especially DACS) and, if so, are there any observations you'd be happy to share.

Not much excites me nowadays but there is genuine eager anticipation for the J2 - the kid inside still lives (occasionally)