Thread: Delfinus audio system

I'm Dave.

Default Delfinus audio system

Here it goes here is my modest system.

System consists from:

Speaker: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5
    Amp: Musical Fidelity A308 Dual Mono
    CDP: Musical Fidelity 3D Nuvista
    Speaker cables: Anthony Gallo Reference OPT (on the picture still my previous Nordost Super Flatline Gold MKII)
    RCA interconnects: Nordost Red Dawn, Oyaide Across 750RR
    Power Cables: 3xTempoelectric power cables with Oyaide 079, 004 and 046 connectors.
    A/V receiver: Marantz SR6003,
    Surround speakers: Canton CD 360 F (center), Canton CD 310 F (back), Canton ASD 110 (sub)
    Sound card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    HTPC constructed and configured by me, based on Athlon II 240e platform, Windows 7 and XBMC.

Upgrades that will follow very shortly.

Cardas Golden Cross RCA 1m between the CDP and AMP. I tried it and it is exactly what I'm searching for. That extra weight, body, creamy and warm feeling that I enjoy for hours and hours without being tired. Anyone has some second hand maybe?

And another thing is to go for biamping. I will buy special dedicated amplifier for bass. Anthony Gallo SA amp that will drive only bass units on my speakers. Still need to do trying before official decision.

best, d.
    Last edited by delfinus; 14-10-2011 at 16:38.

I'm Stuart.

Very atmospheric photos

Cool looking room too!

I used to have an original pair of the Gallo Ref 3's....they were great and looked very hip....God only knows why I part ex'd them against some Meridian 7200 DSP Speakers!!! They didn't last long either

synsei Guest

Ah, yet another Dave, safety in numbers...

Welcome to AoS dude, that's a very cool room you have there, the deco is right up my street and your speakers are uber cool too. A very nice system, I bet it sounds sensational...

I'm Dave.

Thanks very much. Yes I love the speakers they have marvelous imaging of music with huge sound stage. Now I'm playing with the interconnects and I borrowed some from different sources and finally discovered a dream come true that was hidden in Cardas Golden Cross.

Some time ago I also had AG SA amplifier already on trial but after some time i figured that it is excellent in bass but it destroy a great presentation and 3D imaging. But after some thoughts and reading i discovered also that I should connect it differently. On my first trial i used Low level inputs on the AG SA amplifier which then drove second voice coil of bass unit on my AG speakers. So in practice this means that I connected pre out of my Musical Fidelity integrated with AG SA amp via RCA chinch cables and from AG SA amp with normal speaker wires to second voice coil on to the bass unit on AG speakers.
    But all reputable firms like e.g. REL is highly recommending using HIGH LEVEL inputs for connections and music listening. So this in practice means usage of speaker wires and connection of Musical Fidelity integrated via speaker wires to AG SA amp and from there with another pair of speaker wires to second voice coil on the bass unit on AG speakers. That is how you receive best blend they say and no distortion as i had in my first attempt. Next week i will try this and really looking forward if I can upgrade and make my bass active and make it really ultimate speakers for my place.

Best, d.
    Last edited by delfinus; 14-10-2011 at 20:08.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Welcome to AoS dude, that's a very cool room you have there, the deco is right up my street and your speakers are uber cool too.
    Nice AV setup you have there Davor, that's another AV fan boy on here Love the room lighting, something tells me there will be references to the "fridge" from somewhere Enter Marco...

By the way Dave, if you had been at Scalford last year you could have listened to the Anthony Gallos that Jerry had there They looked exactly the same, but i'm not sure they were the same model... Only he could clarify that one
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm ILOB.

Nice system
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Mark, I no see any fridgee-poo in there......

Dave, nice system, but an even nicer room! I love the vibe you've got going on there, man... Smart, yet cosy. Love the furniture and how you've lit the room.

It's almost exactly how I'd decorate my room, if I lived in a modern flat or house. I'd probably also have a feature wall built somewhere, using some of those lovely glass blocks you can buy:

http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Ma...atalogId=10053

...and then put some kind of coloured backlight behind them (perhaps a nice 1970s orange?), so you get a warm glow illuminating the room at night.

And some Whitefriars glass ornaments on your shelves: http://www.whitefriarsorg.org/memb1/ref3.htm

Oh and you also need some nice chunky church candles, dotted around the room!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Andy.

Wow thats a lovely room and if i may say so the set up doesnt look all that modest!!

Very nice!

Butuz
    Quad 99 CDP-2 >> Eastern Electric Minimax Pre>> XTZ Desire AP-100 >> PMC GB1i

I'm AndrewR.

I bet that's superb to chill-out to!

Thanks for sharing,

Andrew
    Andrew Randle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Yep - super cool room!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread