So I finally got around to finishing my lampizator and attaching it to my 7510

My 7510 has been fully modded pt.21 and 22, with a linear PSU and WIMA box caps/47u Green Nichicon BP MUSE input and output coupling caps.

I routed the signal out on the input side of the opamp stage before the decoupling caps to a couple of Neutrik RCA's in the holes where the volume control and headphone jack used to be (I have completely removed the headphone circuit and variable output circuit)

The lampizator is constructed with Russian military grade 6n6pI valves, NOS Jensen metalized film caps and standard MFR's, the HT supply is nothing special, a couple of small encapsulated transformers back to back with a CRC filter using cheap BC capacitors. The heaters are run off the same 8A regulated linear supply as the DAC, this is set to 12.6V.

I can only say, as inherrently 'wrong' as the lampizator SSRP circuit is, it blows the opamp stage out of the water good and proper.

Amplification is an Audiotailor jade OTL headphone amplifier rocking Michaelson Audio ECC83 VAS and vintage RCA 6SN7G output valve, transducers are Sennheiser HD600's with stock cable, digital sources is my Mac Pro and SB classic.

The soundstage seems much wider, the mids and highs more airy and the bass, well the bass is the only criticism I can offer, it is a little less controlled but much warmer and 'sweet' which suits me just fine.

I took a couple of pictures with my iPhone, the case for the lampizator is a temporary one, from an old digibox, I will eventually build a proper case which will also contain the linear low voltage supply and likely a redesigned choke filtered HT supply.

So anyone curious about trying the lampizator I can only say DO IT, it really is not a bad buffer.

//Jan