+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Real time cd-r discs

I'm Richard.

Default Real time cd-r discs

Hi everyone,
    After further 'research' I've read that my newly aquired HHB 800 cd recorder will perform better & more importantly longer if I use 1x (real time) CD-R's rather than 52x etc.
    Forgive my digital ignorance but all I can find are 1-16x. Is this basically the same thing?
    Could anyone advise which ones would be suitable & good?
    Cheers

I'm Alistair.

Hi there,
    Yes those will be absolutely fine as long as you set the burning speed to 1x then it will record in real time but I would make sure that the discs are of a decent quality.
    As a general rule when burning any disc I've found that the slowest possible speed is better for any disc be it cd-r, dvd-r or even bd-r with the corollary that I've only ever done this on the PC.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Richard.

Thanks Alistair, I think the burning speed is set on the HHB, but I could be wrong.
    Could you recommend any particular brand of disc? HHB produce their own but they're quite expensive.

I'm Grant.

You should be able to control burn speed in menu. Disc speed marks are just max speeds
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alistair.

Hi there,

Looking at the manual for the recorder it seems you can use any CD-r I would recommend any disc that uses Taiyo Yuden as the dye layer as I have never had any issues with these for audio or data.
    Again I have only ever used a PC burner so I could be wrong.

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Richard.

Thanks again Alistair.
    Yes I've read that the slower speed is better for any recording but it seems the HHB only records in real time so I don't know where the original info I got was coming from.

Yes it seems that Taiyo Yuden are the ones but have apparently ceased trading & have been taken over by JVC. Has the Quality transferred over? Another, probably dumb, question ... Why are there 74 & 80 minute discs? It seems a ridiculously small difference

I'm Grant.

6 mins thats about it really. it saves overburns as a lot of cds are conveniently just over 74 to cause probs. Some software wont read an 80(older stuff usually)
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Richard.

Cheers Grant, I suppose it was a kinda dumb question

+ Reply to Thread