+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrading a 7510 to Caiman levels - what and how ?

Default Upgrading a 7510 to Caiman levels - what and how ?

OK, I am sure the best way would be to ask Stan how to do it, but I am asking here...
    I know of a guy who has a 7510, and may be wanting to upgrade it - I guess Stan could just do it at a price - any idea how much ?
    Failing that, what would it cost, and what is needed. I have no idea if this guy is keen and able to do it himself, but in an attempt to get him to look and maybe sign up here I thought I would ask the question and maybe he will end up becomng a member here !

Hi Steve do you mean 7510 or 7520 as they are quite different (the 7510 does not have the split opamp boards).

I have modded my 7510 with mod21&22, 10,000 uf input cap, Wolfson DAC chip etc and it still does not challenge my Caiman.

Best to buy a Caiman I am afraid.

Regards

Chris

I'm David.

It might just be advised to sell up and buy a caiman, less risky ... That's might just be me though
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Hmm - OK, I'll pass that on - it is a 7510 I believe..
    Thanks guys !
    Got to say that my Caiman, which is left playing through the headphones at night is coming on nicely now - I am about to have anothr listen after a couple of nights without so will see how it sounds now...

I'm Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by steveinspain View Post
    Hmm - OK, I'll pass that on - it is a 7510 I believe..
    Thanks guys !
    Got to say that my Caiman, which is left playing through the headphones at night is coming on nicely now - I am about to have anothr listen after a couple of nights without so will see how it sounds now...
    I`ve had the 7510 modified by Tirna with a wolfson chip and THS4032 op amp,and it sounds very good,although i`ve nothing to compare with!

+ Reply to Thread