+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cables and DACs

I'm tony.

The only change of the day that made us all look at each other in the mode of WTF!!!!!
    A noticeable upgrade on some excellent cables present...

my tight Scottish wallet quivered.....might have to let the moths out and part with some readies.....

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    This was an RCA cable, using Eichmann silver bullets. Dunno what David does with it, but it's one special cable. It was head and shoulders above the others.
    Interestingly the Eichmann plugs are about as good as it gets with regard to RCAs & SPDIF impedance matching (75 ohm), so it seems like you guys heard it.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well the Oyaide used the same plugs, so it must be the cable!

I'm Neil.

Well the Oyaide used the same plugs, so it must be the cable!
    Were they the same length?
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Oyaide was 1m, the Ultimate was 1.5 and yes, we discussed whether. The length was a factor!

I'm tony.

Great hearing different wires and kit in my room...above all else, good company, music and the cake wasn't at all bad......

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye!

I'm David.

Interesting to read this guys, anyone can take a piece of wire and solder 2 plugs on, I don't conform to that practice as I research materials and cable geometry and trial different designs and configurations until I get something that is quite unique and punches well above it's weight, hopefully you agree with that with what you heard!

I'm Neil.

Oyaide was 1m, the Ultimate was 1.5 and yes, we discussed whether. The length was a factor!
    I would have expected the 1.5m cable to sound better, I think 1m is to short for an SPDIF cable. However, the fact of the matter is that these things really do sound different.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Interesting to read this guys, anyone can take a piece of wire and solder 2 plugs on, I don't conform to that practice as I research materials and cable geometry and trial different designs and configurations until I get something that is quite unique and punches well above it's weight, hopefully you agree with that with what you heard!
    Yes well, the Ultimate is by far the best digi cable I've heard so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast