+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deezer

I'm Confused.

Is it not possible to play it as a URL (location) in foobar which is able to show bitrate? - or am I out of my depth again ?
    DaveK.

My System:
    Power: Belkin PF40, Custom.hifi.cables Hydra and DC PSUs.
    Sources: Self built HTPC with Xonar ST sound card, NAD T585 multi disc player, Sony BDP-S350, Squeezebox Touch, Techncs SL1210 (mod'd) + Nagaoka MP30, Thomson Sky HD box.
    Amps etc.: 2 x Mini-T amps, MF-X10D Valve buffer clone, StanDAC 7520/Caiman (mod'd).
    Speakers: Mission 774s with added super tweeters
    Cables: best I can afford and likely to change except Homar's RF attenuated co-ax's and Mark Grant USB and HDMI cables. I also like silver i/cs and speaker cable.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    Is it not possible to play it as a URL (location) in foobar which is able to show bitrate? - or am I out of my depth again ?
    Here you are Dave

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm ChrisB.

I find myself leaning towards Grooveshark more & more nowadays.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    I find myself leaning towards Grooveshark more & more nowadays.
    Grooveshark has a good inventory, but I'm suspicious about how it's licensing works.

The fact that it hosts bootlegs that are definitely not artist sanctioned is a case in point:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/A+Few+Old+Tunes/2193105

I'd be interested in Paul Stewart's view on how a business like this manages licensing to stay the right side of legal, because it looks pretty 'complex' to me.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

synsei Guest

I don't like Grooveshark, I find the front end counter-intuitive to use. Not a fan of its search engine either...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Been having a poke around, but not that impressed TBH - definitely not a rival for Spotify yet (IMO). This techradar report sums it up well;

French streaming music site Deezer could be brilliant, but isn't: despite deals with major record labels and music from the likes of Ellie Goulding and Rihanna, it's as likely to play horrible French rap music as it is the song you've actually selected.

Its Smart Radio promises to learn what you like and tailor playlists accordingly, but its Dumbass Website frequently offers music the site doesn't actually have. Merde!
    Source: 10 best free Spotify alternatives
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Jerry.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Been having a poke around, but not that impressed TBH - definitely not a rival for Spotify yet (IMO). This techradar report sums it up well;

Source: 10 best free Spotify alternatives
    Mflow is shut down ATM
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
    My Touch says it's 320 kps CBS Dave.

Not sure if Deezer Premium offers anything more than the free service I have had for a good while . I can listen to all kinds of stuff. For example, I typed in Steven Wilson into the Smart Radio function and got a list including Opeth, Noman etc. I could then listen to loads of their tracks.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm scott.

anyone tried this yet www.qobuz.com mentions 16/44 & 24/192 studio masters.
    Just will not pay for these myself no physical media just ones & noughts.
    Found one the other day in usa with DSD but 6bucks per track !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12