+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB Dac/amplifier

I'm Will.

If you don't mind a two box solution...

Try a FiiO E10 & a Mini-T (or one of the many alternatives)

Or for a bit more try the Arcam rPAC instead of the FiiO, I have both, and would recommend either...
    Cheers, Will

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Chris! You no risen! I have JPW speakers on Atacama stands. Look at photo please! Speakers next to computer-need amp and dac!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Chris! You no risen! I have JPW speakers on Atacama stands. Look at photo please! Speakers next to computer-need amp and dac!
    You don't have to use the JPWs

This was the Teac thingummy I was thinking of http://www.richersounds.com/product/...-h01/teac-ah01
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    You don't have to use the JPWs

This was the Teac thingummy I was thinking of http://www.richersounds.com/product/...-h01/teac-ah01
    If he's prepared to spend that much I'd recommend the rPAC...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcam-rPAC-C...0221091&sr=8-1

...well built, portable, and it's asynchronous
    Cheers, Will

I'm alan.

There are loads of dac/amps on ebay,i had a Yulong U100 worked very well as a one box solution,only sold it when i went over to active speakers.Look under headphone dac/amps and ignore the headphone bit,thou' it's handy to have sometimes..
    OOOps sorry i forgot the U100 was only a pre amp,just looked at some old photos and i was using a Tamp with it.
    Try a Topping TP30 i had a TP20 which was good.
    Last edited by alan47; 14-10-2012 at 13:48.

I'm Jerry.

I think it is a shame to leave the JPW's languishing in a cupboard and buy crappy computer speakers.
    Anyone got a really cheap T-amp they want to sell?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm tony.

Jerry,
    the berringher uc 202 and a chaepo t amp or if finances allow a mini t....the wee dac also serves as a respectable headphone amp....great bang for buck,sounds lovely with voices!!!!

I'm Jerry.

Hi Tony,
    I use this for headphones, fitted with a Mullard tube. Stunning and I don't think I will ever change it.
    http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/...hone-amplifier
    I will probably push the button on a T-amp if no one has a second hand one to flog.
    Jerry

I'm Pete.

Check out the hifimediy USB Sabre ESS9023 DAC via ebay for about USD$50 delivered (around 35 pounds or so?)

Silly value for money, and some of the feedback on various forums is quite positive given the price.

I bought one last week and it will be added to the PC audio system in our bedroom shortly, as I gave our original USB DAC to a friend and the quality (or lack thereof!) of the onboard PC sound is driving me batty!
    ••• Logitech Squeezebox Touch > audio-gd NFB3(2014) w/ E9018 > fully recapped/restored Sansui AU-X701 and AU-719 > a healthy sprinkling of expectation bias > PMC GB1i speakers > Aurealis and Audio Principe cables •••

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast