+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: USB Dac/amplifier

I'm Jerry.

I will be comparing it to my Beresford Caimen with about £200 of mods and a linear power supply. Should be interesting.....
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Pete.

Excellent. I'll be comparing against my audio-gd Reference 5 which is fed by an Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh with a superteddyreg'd linear PSU. If the little Hifimediy DAC can get close, I will be mightily impressed.

I think it will be very interesting to see if this little box can improve over the onboard SB Touch DAC too.
    ••• Logitech Squeezebox Touch > audio-gd NFB3(2014) w/ E9018 > fully recapped/restored Sansui AU-X701 and AU-719 > a healthy sprinkling of expectation bias > PMC GB1i speakers > Aurealis and Audio Principe cables •••

I'm Jerry.

Got mine today. It's a tiny box, smaller than a matchbox. I have only tried it connected to my computer and using my planar magnetic headphones. SQ is fine but the volume level is low, my headphones need a bit of power so I will be sticking with a valve hp amp.
    Need the adapter next so I can try it in my main rig.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Pete.

Mine arrived last week! It really is quite tiny. So far I'm using it in my PC rig (restored Sansui AU-317 amp and Usher S520 speakers) and it sounds very nice indeed. For $50 it's a steal!

Once it has some mileage under its belt I'll drag it outside to my main rig and will configure my SB Touch to enable the USB output functionality via the EDO applet.
    ••• Logitech Squeezebox Touch > audio-gd NFB3(2014) w/ E9018 > fully recapped/restored Sansui AU-X701 and AU-719 > a healthy sprinkling of expectation bias > PMC GB1i speakers > Aurealis and Audio Principe cables •••

I'm Neal.

Will be interesting to read what you guys think of it, the only concern is the up-sampling it seems to do on lower res feeds...not sure if that can be defeated in any way.
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234