Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Peter.

Mouth watering hi~fi..!
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

I'm Mika.

Thanks!

At the moment I'm in the middle of the process of listening three different ways how to route to signal from my vinyl playback system:
    1) Loricraft phonopreamps MC-part
    2) Impress Laboratory SUT to Loricraft phonopreamps MM-part
    3) Impress Laboratory SUT to Shindos MM-input

It is already clear that there are differencies between these three ways. Some might say that they are subtle but imho these small differencies are the meaningful ones giving the sound it's inner meaning or putting all together. Don't know the proper english word for what I mean here, sorry..

Anyway, results will follow here sooner or later when I've listened enough with variety of music and also somehow understood the whole thing myself

I'm Mika.

Finally made up my mind after listening the system for few weeks and decided that option 3) described at previous message is overall the best in my system. Now Loricraft Missing Link has ben sent to its new owner in southern Finland and I hear that it mates extremely well with the vintage oriented Garrard-Lenco-Quad-ESL system used there.

This means that at the moment I have only the Impress Laboratory SUT to Shindos MM-input combo in use for the vinyl. This is a nice sounding system even if have been thinking that someday have also other set with bit more aggressive sound. Narutally this will then lead to other LP spinner or to the plinth that has place for two different arms

Anyway, last week also visited one friend at Raahe, a small town near the city I live. There is most likely the only stacked 3-pair Quad ESL system in Europe. Or at least that is the information he has received from respective Quad service professionals and owners in Europe. I have heard the system several times during the years and now I was asked to write an article of the owner and the system to finnish hifi-journal with the pics. The whole article should come out in next issue

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    You didn't used to be Chris Evans did you...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    There is most likely the only stacked 3-pair Quad ESL system in Europe.
    No wonder he has a smile on his face
    Spotted the Transcendent grounded grid pre-amp on the rack, anybody had experience of this unit?

Cheers, Alan

I'm Andrew.

Yeah and that looks like a series whest phono stage as well
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm ChrisB.

Eeeek! Now that would be something to hear.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Eeeek! Now that would be something to hear.
    Yes indeed, I bet they are quite something.

I'm Mika.

They are indeed.

But perhaps should have mention that the guy leaning to the stacked ESLs is the proud owner and not me. Just to make it clear

MartinT Guest

ARA (of SME) only used to have double-stacked Quads, those must really be something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast